I’ve wasted a few long years of my life gambling day and night, I’ve lost all my savings and ended up with almost £50k in debt. I was broke for over 5 years, but I managed to clear my debts and now I’m living the life I was always dreaming of – gambling free!
The day when you decide that it’s time to quit gambling is as important as the next day when you will realise the damage gambling has done to your finances.
Many gamblers would like to stop gambling, but unfortunately they’re waiting for the lucky day to come, when they win big, pay off their debts and then quit gambling. Does it sound familiar?
For those who are still fighting with the gambling hunger Stop Gambling with Self Hypnosis will definitely help however, I’m going to share the best possible ways to clear your debt and recover from gambling as soon as possible.
Be honest with yourself.
You might even don’t want to know how much money you lost, but your first step to gambling recovery is to find out and work on it. This will take so much of your time, working out where and how much to pay and even thinking of placing a bet will make you sick!
Start reviewing your spendings. This was actually first thing I did and I will always recommend it.
Becoming more aware of your spending can improve your financial situation from the day one!
When reviewing my expenses I was able to save almost £200 each month and put all that money towards my debt. Below are some examples of what you can do to improve your financial situation today!
- Change Mobile from Monthly Contract to Pay-as-you-Go (save £30/month)
- Cancelling computer/tv/mobile device insurance can help you to save approx. £15/moth
- Save on car insurance – Click here to see how much you can save on car insurance. (51% of consumers could achieve a saving of up to £286.44 )
- If you watch TV on demand or streaming, there is no need to pay for TV Licence (save £12/month )
- Compare energy suppliers and save up to £35/month
- Rent out a spare room. Renting out a spare room in your house could make you several hundreds of pounds each month!
- Make your own meals rather than buy take-aways. Save money on buying take-aways, which you can make yourself or buy from the supermarket much cheaper.
Say no to things you don’t need, can’t afford or won’t use.
Back in the days when I was recovering from gambling researching for best deals in the market wasn’t easy and it took hours. Now, you can visit any comparison website and find a better deal within minutes; whether you want to pay less for your broadband, gas & energy , change mobile contract or find a better car insurance deal.